Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Baby boy is getting Older

Wow i can not believe my son is going to be 1 years old on Sat. I remember thinking a year ago that i wanted him out Now and could not take being prego anymore.  Now i think of all the things he can do and all the things i can teach him.  OH i love him so much. He is really a smart little boy. He does not know the word no but when i grab him and look him in the eyes he knows he is doing wrong.  I still cant believe he is going to be 1 he was a little baby and now he is a big baby. I will never forget those first 5 days we had him home.  Well first i will never forget being in the hospital and a tornado warning was going off.  It hit our area and the power was out for two or three days.  We couldn't even go home that Sunday we stayed with my dear friends the Gibsons. I will never forget going home home the next day and we had to get food because we had no power. I will also not forget Dani and Brian coming down to see Lukas... they were at her sister wedding that weekend. They went shopping and made us dinner.. it was really good and Very appreciated. I will never forget going to his first pediatrician appointment and the next day being rushed to the hospital. Lukas really has come so far. When he was admitted at 6 days old it was the hardest thing that ever happened to us. My sister came in that day to visit him for the first time and she couldn't even hold him because he had all these tubes in him.  Lukas went from being a healthy baby to almost dying because he had 6 things wrong with his heart and a possibly DeGeorge syndrome. Well 7 days later he was operated on and 7 days later he was let out of the hospital with a feeding tube in his mouth. He really has come a long way his heart repaired and he does not have DeGeorge syndrome.  God really has been working in Lukas and our lives.. i just wish my husband knew how important it is to keep God first. Well enough of that. Lukas is doing so good He has an appointment to check out his heart in July so we will see if the holes and if their isnt any tearing where they did the surgery.  Again my little boy is getting Older and i cant wait till he can understand what he has been through and what an amazing boy he really is

No comments:

Post a Comment